What Is Important To Me?

What Is Important To Me?

Love - Being a Mum - Wife - Teacher - Friends - Family - Laughter - Health - Happiness - Support - Life



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gym Motivation

I have never been a regular gym go-er. I get inspired. I join. I go for about 3 weeks then spend the next 11 months of the contract sporadically attending just so as I don't feel like I'm throwing money down the drain.

Last January I had some of this motivation - I got my sister-in-law to join my gym, and I was attending daily, mainly because I was on my 6 week holidays from work and it was easier to find the time.

Then came February - back to work. I was adamant that I would still go after work each day. Week One I took my gym bag to work every day and managed to attend once. FAIL.

I was feeling soooooooooooooooo tired after work. I had a little boy with Aspergers Syndrome in my class and he was lashing out physically, so I felt as though I was using every bit of my energy on this child. I would literally come home from work so exhausted that I was asleep by 7pm.

Enter Pregnancy :) Yes we were actively trying to get pregnant but I honestly didn't think it would happen so fast, and genuinely didn't think this was the reason for my extreme exhaustion! I did a home test on the 11th Feb - and it was positive. I then has nausea on and off for the next few weeks, and my motivation for the gym pretty much disappeared.

I think that I had a pretty easy pregnancy really, particularly when I read or speak to others about their experiences. So what I'm saying is there was really no physical reason for me to not attend the gym. I simply chose not to....

So here we are almost 12 months later and I'm trying to find that spark to get back to being motivated. I have been going to the gym for the past 3 weeks. I generally go every day after I put bubs to bed of a night - Just doing an hour of cardio to get some sort of fitness level back. I also got my husband to buy me a Wii for Christmas so I can use Wii Fit (I can count on one hand how many times this has happened).
As for results - Well I don't really expect to see many seen as I am eating like a pig :) I love food! but at least I have more energy!

So my questions to you are - How do you maintain motivation? do you have some yummy recipes that won't pack on the kilos? Do you have an eating plan that works for you?

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...