What Is Important To Me?

What Is Important To Me?

Love - Being a Mum - Wife - Teacher - Friends - Family - Laughter - Health - Happiness - Support - Life



Friday, February 18, 2011

Being a working Mumma

Wow. Back to reality and man it is hard. I knew it would be a little more stressful but...Wow!
So I ended up working two days this week as a CRT (Casual Relief Teacher). One at my school and one at a school 5 mins from home. I have to say that even working from 8:30-3:30 I am exhausted.

Work is different now. It's a totally different experience. When I'm not doing hands on teaching I'm thinking about the little man and the things I'm missing. Then when I do have a lunch and snack break I'm expressing. So I end up spending most of the day holed up in a classroom. It's a bit of an anticlimax to returning to adult conversation. I was literally in the staffroom for 10 minutes today - to put expressed milk in the fridge and to pee :)

I enjoyed the teaching though - especially with the kids from my school as it is a cohort of students that I taught for two years, so they know me and I know them and there was no real 'challenging' behaviour from any of them! But expressing in the breaks is hard work. I'm really hoping that by the time I go back 3 days per week that little man has dropped one or two feeds and is on some more solids because I don't think I could handle doing this forever!

The hardest part I think - getting home and not being able to switch off and chill out like I am used to doing after work. Little man wants to play, dinner wants to be cooked, nappies to wash, bottles to sterilise, house to tidy ahhhhhhhhhhhh it never really ends!

So awesome walking in the door to my happy little man and his massive smiles! God I love that kid :) Lights up my life! Makes it alot easier knowing that his is being an angel for his Gma while Mumma is at work! Two days again next week and that should pay my car rego/insurance :) I'm thinking of the moola!!

xx

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you're doing the expressing at school! Then again I breast-fed my son for 5 days, until mastitis kicked in, and then it was goodbye breast-feeding. I know you probably breast-feed your son because you love it, but, just to let you know, my son is 12 now, and he's turned out fine, considering he didn't breast-feed for long. (Just in case you were considering putting him onto formula and wondering about the consequences.) Good luck with getting back into work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...