Now that I have a gorgeous little man filling up my days I am finally understanding what that saying means. There are so many aspects of our lives that we can be grateful for and I know that I for one - have been sort of oblivious until now
Here are some 'small things' that have bought a smile or some joy into my life this week :)
- My little man waking at 4am, but being content and happy to chatter away to himself in his cot, sometimes even going back to sleep. I never thought I'd be happy to be woken at 4am, but listening to his sweet little babbles and giggles is sooooooooo cute!
- Little man's squeals if joy when I call to him as I walk down the hall - so cute that he knows I'm coming to get him out of bed!
- I read a book! I know this doesn't seem like much - but I LOVE reading and since having a baby in October it something that I haven't been able to find time to do!
- Filming the little man on my iPhone and then showing him the video and seeing him watch it, Intrigued and then laughing and smiling at himself!
- Listening to B talk to the little man through the baby monitor - It's so sweet how much he loves him!
- Little man laughing everytime we say dadadadadad to him. He thinks it's so funny.
- Having time to do some Suduko - It was so good to actually use my brain in a strategic way!
- Realising how much my life has changed over the past four months - and how selfless I have become in my new role