What Is Important To Me?

What Is Important To Me?

Love - Being a Mum - Wife - Teacher - Friends - Family - Laughter - Health - Happiness - Support - Life



Saturday, September 3, 2011

Back to before

Last night I went to watch a basketball game.
This would be seemingly insignificant to most people but for me it was something that used to be a major part of my life. You see before my little man came along, I was a basketball coach for Representative basketball. I would have games each Friday night and training each Sunday morning and Wednesday night as well. I travelled back to where I grew up to coach and for those of you who are Melbournites - I travelled down the dreaded ring road... yep three times a week... generally peak hour (that part I do not miss!) Even whilst pregnant I coached - right up until I was eight and a half months!

So when one of the kids I had previously coached asked me to come and watch her play a final I decided to pack the little man into the car and head into Albert Park. Even though the game was right at his bedtime the little man behaved like a champ. I took his dinner with us and fed him whilst we were watching the game, although I do think he will be a basketballer when he is older! It was so hard to feed him! He was tracking the game and even clapping when the people around us clapped :) That was pretty cute.  He sat in the pram and watched for the most part and towards the end when he started to get cranky, one of the players little sisters came over and played peek-a-boo with him which he loved!

Meanwhile I sat and watched with a few of the parents and I must say I loved it! It was like stepping back into my previous life. My life before becoming a mum.

It made me think about if/when I'd like to return to coaching in the future? I think I really would - but I'm unsure if the travel would be too much for the little man and whether B would be as keen as I am.

I don't know - but I do know that stepping back to before, even just for a night was great!

Do you have something that you used to do and miss? even just a little? I'd love to hear about it :)
xx

1 comment:

  1. You will be back, a baby doesn't stop the good bits about your life. JUat puts them on hold for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...