What Is Important To Me?

What Is Important To Me?

Love - Being a Mum - Wife - Teacher - Friends - Family - Laughter - Health - Happiness - Support - Life



Monday, September 12, 2011

Cherish Your Cherubs - Praise

I'm joining in this week with Naomi @ Seven Cherubs.

Praise is something we have been practising more and more lately as the little man is understanding and seems to be listening to wht B and I tell him. It amazes me at times - the things he understands.

Yesterday we were watching the football and at half time I started cleaning up all the mess the little man had been making, packing his toys back into their baskets etc. As I was doing it I verbalised 'Time to pack up' 'Put your toys away' and similar things ;) and he suprised me by grabbing toys and putting them into the baskets! It was so cute actually and he was so proud of himself. I couldn't help but shower him with praise. He had the biggest smile on his face.





I'm really trying to keep things positive in our house, I try to only say 'No' when he is doing something that could be dangerous for him.

I also try and explain why I want him to do or not do different things, even though I don't know how much he understands. Like the other day when he was pulling all the MCN's (Modern Cloth Nappies) out of the basket. Even though it was frustrating to watch as they take aggggggggggggggggggges to put together, I tried to remain calm and asked him to stop and then explained why. B and I are really trying to let him explore and allow him to be naturally curious. Whenever he does something really well we give him the necessary praise and I think that this has helped especially recently with his eating and touching of finger foods.

No matter what though - This parenting thing is always a challenge no matter how cute your kid is
xx

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Good boy packing his toys away! I find they love to copy what we are doing, so a good example is always important. :) It certainly is a challenge though. I agree!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...