What Is Important To Me?

What Is Important To Me?

Love - Being a Mum - Wife - Teacher - Friends - Family - Laughter - Health - Happiness - Support - Life



Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ouch!

I went for a run today. Yep me. I know - I shocked myself too!

As part of my 12WBT journey I have to do pre tests to gauge my level of fitness and part of that was a 1km timetrial. It's been a while since I ran anywhere to be honest. I have bad knees and use that as an excuse too! This morning I asked B to come down to the oval with me and time how long it took me to run a kilometer. I set myself a goal of being able to do it within 8 minutes and managed to do it with a time of 6m37s.

It wasn't pretty, I had to stop and walk for a bit - but nethertheless I acheived my goal and completed the fitness test! Onwards and upwards. B, Little man and I then went and did the grocery shopping using the meal plans set. I am looking forward to eating some nice and healthy meals. Looking at the menu and the amounts of meat allocated it has already made me realise that I overeat! But I guess that is the whole point! I then spent my afternoon cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Some of those meals are going to be delish :) I'm trying to pre cook as much as I can. That way I'm organised and less tempted to grab take-away.

As I'm a glutton for punishment at the moment I also went to the gym and did a 500cal workout while the little man had his afternoon nap. I am not too sure how I am going to get myself off the couch tonight though! My body is exhausted. As soon as I sat down I felt my muscles relax and now they are stiffening. I'm thinking an early night and lots of sleep will help :) Luckily for me Sundays are a rest day!

Hope your weekend is looking good!
xx

1 comment:

Leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...