What Is Important To Me?

What Is Important To Me?

Love - Being a Mum - Wife - Teacher - Friends - Family - Laughter - Health - Happiness - Support - Life



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Why do TV shows suddenly make me cry?!?

I'm not sure if I have admitted this here yet but I am a TV ADDICT :)
To the point where I download episodes from America because I honestly cannot wait for them to be aired here. I probably download 8 or 9 shows per week? Although since having the little man to demand pay attention to - I rarely have time to watch them.

When I was pregnant with the little man, B and I went through a Criminal Minds phase. We borrowed the DVD's from B's parents and watched 2-3 episodes a night. We loved it - However we still have 2 seasons to watch. Post birth - I just can't watch them. ALL episodes involving children freak me out. If anyone has watched the show they will understand what I mean, sometimes it is really graphic. It's kinda scary.

It also makes me wonder where the writers get all their ideas from? Some of those story lines are pretty horrific.

So tonight we are sitting here and Grey's Anatomy is on TV - There's a character that is pregnant and has just been injured in a car crash. So I have seen this episode (downloaded about 2 months ago) and yet still I burst into tears! It seems like any show where there are pregnancy issues or sick/injured children seem to devastate me. Is this normal? Do other parents feel the same?
I know that other people are finding it sad - I have friends with Grey's status on Facebook and Twitter - but I wonder if they are as teary as me?

Maybe I have to toughen up :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...