What Is Important To Me?

What Is Important To Me?

Love - Being a Mum - Wife - Teacher - Friends - Family - Laughter - Health - Happiness - Support - Life



Wednesday, June 22, 2011

SAHM Vs Working Mum

Why is it that when we give birth we automatically inherit mothers guilt??
As I wrote about a while ago - I am back at work part time. 3 days a week. I'm a teacher so the hours are pretty reasonable, holidays are awesome and money isn't too bad but I hate leaving my little man.

So I'm wondering - is it just because he is 8 months old?and I feel like I'm missing so much or will I feel like this forever! guilt, guilt, guilt

I love it when I pick him up from daycare and he is so excited to see me :) but then I feel guilty that I haven't spent the day with him. Obviously when I think rationally I tell myself I'm working so that we can do more things as a family, have more money and be in a better financial position for the future but it still sucks.

I try to make the most of the days I have off by doing things with him, visiting other bubbas and friends but also love just staying at home and enjoying the simple moments we have.

I guess I just don't want to miss those 'firsts' with him.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...